Chicago Park School offers a standards-based social studies program starting in the third grade.
- 3rd Grade – Communities
- 4th Grade – California History
- 5th Grade – U.S. History (Early explorers, Colonies, Revolutionary War, State reports)
- 6th Grade – Ancient Civilizations
- 7th Grade – Early Cultures
- 8th Grade – U.S. History (Developing a new nation, Government, Civil War, Industrial Revolution)
We enrich our social studies programs with traditions at Chicago Park that include “Taste of America,” in 2nd grade and our school wide annual History Extravaganza put on by our 4th-7th grade classes.